- Cover letter （以英文撰寫）：請敘明您欲申請的級別－助理教授或副教授
(02) 2939-3091轉分機62745林助教 (09:00~12:00 and 13:30~17:00)
Full-Time Assistant Professor/Associate Professor of Translation and Interpreting Studies
National Chengchi University, Taipei – The BA Program in Southeast Asian Languages and Cultures
Specification of the position
The College of Foreign Languages at National Chengchi University invites applications for a full-time contract-based Assistant Professor/Associate Professor position with a specialization in Translation & Interpreting Studies beginning 1 February, 2019 for The BA Program in Southeast Asian Languages and Cultures.
The successful appointee will engage in teaching courses at undergraduate or professional level, designing e-learning materials, performing research, and assisting in curriculum development and administrative assignments.
- A Ph.D. degree in Translation Studies or related disciplines, preferably with the specialism in Vietnamese-Chinese-English or English-Chinese-Vietnamese Translation & Interpreting, or in relation to law.
- Degree at time of application or official notification of completion of the doctoral degree required by 1 February, 2019.
- Applicants with ability to teach in English preferred.
- Ability to undertake teaching and research in Translation and Interpretation, particularly in the areas of legal translation, translation theories and methodologies, and simultaneous interpretation.
- Expertise and experience in the undergraduate and postgraduate teaching as well as supervision at postgraduate level.
- A record of research publications appropriate to the level of the appointment.
- Commitment to excellence in teaching, scholarly activities, and professional service.
- Commitment to departmental services.
Please include the following documents combined into a single PDF file in the prescribed order below:
- Cover letter (in English) - Please clearly indicate which job rank you are applying for (Assistant Professor or Associate Professor)
- Full curriculum vitae (in English)
- Copies of two representative publications in recent five years (in English)
- Name, affiliation, and contact information (including email and telephone number) of two people who will recommend you.
- Photocopies of qualification documents (with English translations if not originally in English)
Before 2 November, 2018
The Search Committee
The BA Program in Southeast Asian Languages and Cultures
National Chengchi University
NO.64, Sec.2, ZhiNan Rd., Wenshan District, Taipei, Taiwan 116 R.O.C.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for an interview with teaching demonstration.
- If you wish your documents to be returned to you, please indicate it and enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope.
Mr. Yi-hua Lin
Tel: 886-2-2939-3091 # 62745 (09:00~12:00 and 13:30~17:00)